Thursday, June 18, 2009

What Divine? Where's the Comedy?


Is it just me, or do others also find this the most ironic comic strip title?  I can't find anything divine or comedic here and, believe me, I tried to look. I can hardly remember a time when I read this strip and I actually chuckled. When it got dissed in PDI to give space for Carlos Caparas's oversized melodramatic strip (which is BTW the biggest wrong move in the history of funny papers), I thought I've seen the last of it. I do not hate Divine Comedy, I just can't take the fact that someone actually gets away with this kind of mediocrity. Given, magaling s ya magdrowing, pero wala lang t alagang lasa mga patawa nya. Minsan pa, downright nakakaasar lang. Ok lang hindi funny, 'wag lang almost daily dose of WTF. Gusto ko pag binaba ko ang dyaryo, after all the bad news, and after I read the comics, may ngiti ako kahit paano. That's why when I read PDI's Comic Relief, I always save Pugad Baboy for last.

To Mr. Pabalinas: Please take more time in thinking about the humor content in your strips. And please, read more about issues before you attempt to make a cartoon commentary.

Pero eto, may mga pumupuri sa Divine Comedy at naisasama pa sya sa nominees as one of the best Pinoy comic strips. Kulelat nga lang. http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=75566&p=3&topicID=7653980

But I'll prefer Divine Comedy anytime over Fringe Benefits Cafe. That one's just plain--there's no word that fits. Lemme just say FBC is The Vile Tragedy.


4 comments:

  1. "almost daily dose of WTF"? Subra ka naman! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hindi ko rin gets jokes nya. Dati it's all about religious stuff, ngayon kung anu ano na lang. He's also self-flaggellating, begging for a laugh ba yun? And look: Over 1,000,000 pages in print daw o. Poor trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worst comic strip ever. Good God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comic strip is horrible, the strips are sometimes in bad taste and always unfunny. The worst is whenever he writes himself into the comic and makes the punchline "OH NO I RAN OUT OF IDEAS"

    ReplyDelete